Accomplishments of the 20 volunteers (contributing a total of 158 labor hours) for the 2016 Cape Lookout work-trip include:
- Painting the exteriors of cabins 9, 10, 15, 16 and the caretakers cabin.
- Tripling the size of the fish cleaning station nears cabin which can now accommodate 12 fishermen.
- Deconstruction of the fish cleaning station near the bathhouse. A hose is now available at the location for campers to get fresh water.
- Installing 200 reflectors on bollards and other structures in the cabin area.
- Repair six generator stands replacing deteriorated bottoms and/or roofs.
Special thanks to these 20 work-trip volunteers from the members and boards of Davis Island Fishing Foundation(DIFF) and Core Banks Surf Fishing Club(CBSFC)!!!